For many, the Kitchen is the ❤️ of their home! It's a gathering place for the family and friends to spend time together.
For potential buyers, the kitchen can either make or break a sale.
If you are thinking of selling your home but wanting to do some upgrades, the Kitchen is often the first place homeowners start. You can expect to recoup 60%-120% of your investment on a Kitchen remodel.
While the Kitchen is often the "wow" of a house, homeowners who are wanting to recoup their costs have to be careful to not invest more than the home value can support. It's always important to talk with a real estate professional before any remodel to find out what potential buyers are looking for in their area. You want to make sure that you keep the style simple, avoid extremes and always go for Granite.
If you are thinking about selling here are some simple upgrades that can help get you top dollar for your house:
- Paint - A simple paint job and bring life back into your home. Neutral colors are going to be the most appealing to buyers
- Backsplash - Adding a backsplash to your existing Kitchen can help provide that "wow" effect.
- Granite - Granite is the most desired counter tops for most buyers.
- Cabinets - A lot of cabinets just need a simple "face lift" to give your kitchen a fresh and clean look.
- Bathroom Vanity - Many bathrooms can get a updated look with just a new vanity.
- Landscaping - The front of you home "curb appeal" is the first thing buyers see. Keeping the lawn maintained is extremely important when selling your home.
According to Zillow Digs, homes listed with "Barn Door" had sale prices as much as 13% higher than other homes in their areas.
To find out more about remodeling check out 2017 COST VS. VALUE REPORT
This report compares the average costs for 29 common remodeling projects and what you can expect to recoup in value.
We have selected a few homes in Ventura County that we feel have that "wow" effect in the Kitchen.
940 Candlecrest Drive
Thousand Oaks, California
4938 Read Road